BirchBox is a monthly beauty subscription that sends you beauty and lifestyle items that may be sample size, deluxe sample size, or even full size!
Cost – $10 per month, $110 for 12 months
Currently, you can sign up for a 12 month sub for $99 using the code BBSUBYEAR (hurry, ends June 9!). See my latest WIGW post for some additional goodies you can snag with this deal, though they should still be good after this coupon expires.
I first want to say the box is absolutely adorable. I cleaned out a tuperware-like set of drawers I had, and used this for spacers within the drawers. I think it’ll look cute when they are all filled up!
Inside the box, wrapped nicely in tissue paper was 5 samples for me try, a sampling insert detailing my haul, a sunscreen tips card, and a coupon for the Kate Spade Saturday store.
On to the goods!
- Supergoop! – Lightweight sunscreen with SPF 30. This is the one I haven’t tried yet, but it’s in the weekend plans (or if it’ll stop raining and I can spend some time out side to really test it! Seriously, every time I get a sunscreen sample, it rains).
- Cynthia Rowley Black Eyeliner – This one came in a few colors, and I’d say I hit the jackpot getting black… Though, the point was to step out of my comfort zone? Nah, I’m happy! Great eyeliner, very smooth and looks amazing.
- Beauty Protector Protect and Detangler – Unfortunately the pump didn’t work, but I still managed to try this stuff out. It smells amazing and I love the way my hair feels!
- Perlier Body Cream – I got Shea Almond, and wow does this one smell amazing! I normally dislike anything almond scented, but this one did it right. It’s a great consistency, and super moisturizing.
- Harvey Prince Hello – Probably my least favorite item, but even that’s not saying much. The scent was great, and seems like a good summer evening scent for me. Not something I’d rush out to buy, I’m super picky when it comes to my perfume (that, and I’d make the boy buy it for me at this point!), but I’ll take advantage of the sample!
Now, I want to take a second to break BirchBox down for anyone on the fence like I was because it’s mostly samples. You get 10 points when you sub for spending $10 (assuming you only go month to month). Every box comes with, say, an average of 5 items, which award you 10 points each every time you review them. 10 points = $1 in the BB store. So that’s $5 back on average, meaning you pay less than $5 per box!
I’d really suggest going the 1 year sub for the best deal, since you get 1 point per dollar spent on the ENTIRE sub–whether it’s $110 or $99 with the coupon, it’s like getting another $9.90 to $11 off your total!
To break mine down- At $99 per year, I got 99 points, so I’m down to $89.10 for the year. This box will score me another 50 points, meaning this box of samples cost me a whopping $2.43. I’d say that’s worth it for the fun surprise every month! And that’s not including the goodies I’m getting with another mystery sample box!
Sign up today! What are you going to save your Birchbox points for?