BirchBox is a monthly beauty subscription that sends you beauty and lifestyle items that may be sample size, deluxe sample size, or even full size!
Cost – $10 per month, $110 for 12 months (one day left to get a year sub for $99 using the coupon code BBSUBYEAR! Ends June 9)
With last month’s box being my first, I received both May and June around the same time. While excited, now I know I’ll have the real month long wait between boxes-kind of depressing considering how much fun that was!
This month’s these is “Away We Go” and the samples provided are designed to have you travel ready (which somehow includes stay-cations). They also included a travel quiz, which you can take to enter for a chance to win your own getaway. There were only a few questions, and I managed to pick a pretty well rounded bit, only barely picking New York, New York in the end.
- Number 4 Hair hydrating shampoo and a bonus conditioner – This stuff smelled amazing! And I loved the way my hair felt, though there was almost a bit of a filmy feeling afterwards–Like I couldn’t quite rinse the conditioner fully.
- COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face – I haven’t had a chance to try this one yet, but I’m always interested in a good face sunscreen. The tint is a nice bonus if it ends up looking good.
- Gilchrest & Soames London Collection Body Lotion – Was not a fan. It smelled alright, and I’ll definitely use the rest, but it was super runny for a body lotion. I like something with a bit more substance to it.
- Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Renovator – This is probably my favorite item in this month’s box. I love a good face scrub, and this stuff felt awesome. It had superfine minerals that felt really amazing, and I loved the way my face felt afterwards.
- Joie Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum – Perfumes are never my favorite in a box. I think it’s mainly because I hardly wear them during the week (I’ve always felt it’s poor etiquette to wear perfume in an office). This one was OK. It’s a bit sweet and flowery, and light, so for me it would be nice during the day.
So that’s the goods in my box. I’d love to have gotten some makeup to try, but I’m still happy with everything I got to try! The only major disappointment is that I’ve gotten two perfumes in a row, despite my profile. We’ll see what next month brings, or Ipsy’s box, then I’ll try fiddling with my profile.
My breakdown: I paid $1.43 for this box (Note: I’m not yet sure if BB will let me review both the shampoo AND conditioner, but I’m assuming yes.)
What did you think of the June 2014 Birchbox?